Research Officer – Network Biology
The Garvan Institute of Medical Research is one of Australia’s leading medical research institutes, with over 600 scientists, students and support staff. We pioneer study into the most widespread diseases affecting our community today, including cancer, neurodegenerative and mental diseases, disorders of the immune system, diabetes and obesity, osteoporosis and other skeletal disorders.
The Network Biology Group within the Cancer Division at the Garvan Institute of Medical Research is interested in the regulation of tumour progression and drug resistance by key signalling pathways. The position will work in close collaboration with the Matrix & Metastasis Group, within the Cancer Division, which is interested in regulation of tumour progression, metastasis and response to therapy by the extracellular matrix. The proposed project will study the sub-cellular specific activation mechanisms of oncogenic signalling pathways that are controlled by the extracellular matrix, and use this information to develop novel therapeutic approaches.
We are seeking a Research Officer (PostDoc) to join the group. Accountable, under direction, for conducting research leading to the identification of the molecular processes that control tumour progression and drug resistance, you will be ambitious and a keen contributor to the team, it’s discussions, organisation and management.
The successful candidate should possess the following
- A PhD or MD qualification, preferably in molecular biology, cell biology or biochemistry
- Experience in tumour biology and cell signalling
- Experience with handling rodents and performing treatment studies (desirable)
- Exceptional laboratory and analytical skills
- Experience in presenting data orally
- Less than two years of post-doctoral training
- High motivation and level of commitment to achieving scientific goals
- Excellent time management and written communication skills
- Willingness to apply for fellowship grants
- High quality publication record
Garvan offers a friendly and professional work environment in state of the art modern building and facilities, on-site café, social club and close to cafes and public transport. You’ll be rewarded with a competitive salary, above market Superannuation and attractive salary packaging options. This role is full-time up to 3 years.
How to apply
All applications MUST be submitted via Garvan’s careers website:
Please prepare and submit your application as per the directions below:
- A Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria above
- Your Resume including 3 Referees
- Copies of relevant qualifications / Academic transcripts
This role will remain open until filled.
Viewing this advert on ‘Indeed’? Please submit your application via https://www.garvan.org.au/careers to have it considered